- Place the black garlic in a pestle and mortar with the lemon juice, oil and salt and gently bash the cloves until the liquid has turned a dark brown colour, leaving the pieces intact.
- Finely slice the radishes and using a peeler, create long thin strips of courgette.
- Place them in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve the salad in large bowls and dot the pieces of black garlic, from the dressing, around the vegetables.
- If the pasta is too dry add some of the pasta water a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and lemon zest and garnish with the coriander. Serve the dressing in a side pot; it is very dark in colour so best to add to the dish at the last minute.
Black garlic has nearly twice the amount of antioxidants as white garlic, is low in fat and rich in natural sugars and amino acids. It has also been found to help lower blood pressure, prevent heart disease and reduce the risk of cancer. In Asia, black garlic is nibbled as a nutritionally rich snack but it works equally as well in this simple summer salad.