Brindisa Ham School with Spanish Wine Tasting
Taste Brindisa’s top Spanish hams, learn all about this renowned Spanish delicacy, try your hand at carving a whole leg under the guidance of Marcus, our master carver, and taste some great wine-pairings specially chosen by Brindisa.
During the second half of the evening, Greg, our assistant manager at the shop, who has been trained at WSET (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) and has a background working as a sommelier, will guide you through a carefully paired selection of wines with each ham. You’ll learn how sometimes unlikely combinations of flavours can be amazingly successful.
7pm start - 9.00pm finish
Held at the atmospheric Borough Market shop.
£75 for 2 hours
Our small Ham School classes of 12 mean that everybody has personal ham carving tuition.
7pm-8.00pm: Introduction to Spanish hams
- Learn about what makes a truly great Spanish ham
- Taste Serrano and Ibérico hams from different regions with different production methods
- Our current range for tasting includes our premium ham, Señorío Ibérico Bellota, our new Brindisa Ibérico Bellota and Jabugo Ibérico as well as a serrano ham from the curing regions of Teruel or Trevélez.
The group will then split into two groups of 6 who will swap after half an hour.
8.00pm-8.30pm: A carving workshop with our master carver
- See how to open a ham and how to look after it when you have finished carving
- Learn how to achieve a good slice and get the most from the ham.
- Carve your own slices under the expert eye of our team, it is not as easy as it looks!
- Keep the slices you carve to eat at home later.
8.30pm-9.00pm: Wine tasting
- Taste a handful of Spanish wines selected from the wine list of our restaurants.
- These wines are carefully matched with the Ibérico and Serrano hams
- Each ham school will feature a variety of different Spanish wines, from regions as diverse as Catalunya, Rioja, La Mancha and Extremadura.
Take home some ham, helpful notes and a discount off your next purchase.
Forthcoming Ham School Dates
Wednesday 8th October (Fully booked)
Wednesday 15th October
Tuesday 4th November
Tuesday 11th November
We won’t run our ham school in December, please call us if you would like to run a private event with us over this period.
How to book
To book a place or add your name to our waiting list, email us: email@example.com or call: 0207 407 1036
Fancy having the school to yourself and your friends? Thinking about corporate team-building events? Please give us a call to arrange.
Ham School Gift Vouchers:
Would you like to book a place as a gift for someone? We have ham school gift vouchers available from our Borough Shop.
Please note: Ours is an open-sided Market shop. Our classes are therefore conducted at prevailing outside temperatures, complete with Borough’s colourful background noises.
What the press say
Click on the link below to read what The Independent thought of our ham school:
The slice is right: get a taste for Spanish ham
Mail Online 13th May 2011
"I loved the ham class and would highly recommend it to all lovers of the pig and aficionados of Spanish food and drink - 10/10" - Gourmet Chick
Gourmet Chick, 20th September 2011